College students and recent graduates looking to gain real-world public relations experience are encouraged to apply for B2 Communications’ public relations internship program. B2 is currently accepting applications for PR interns.
Each semester, two PR interns assist the B2 team with tasks such as drafting press releases, brainstorming media pitches, developing social media content, assisting with research, and preparing client reports.
In the past, our PR interns have worked on projects for clients such as Sunstar Paramedics, St. Petersburg Free Clinic, SPCA Tampa Bay, The Tampa Bay 100, Krewe of Sant’ Yago Knight Parade and others. Read about our former interns’ experiences in Summer 2018, Fall 2017, Summer 2017, Summer 2016 and Spring 2016.
B2 interns are encouraged to attend PRSA and FPRA events to further their career development and network with other PR professionals. Previously, our PR interns had the opportunity to tour the Bay News 9 studio and learn insider tips on how to pitch a TV newsroom.
B2’s ideal candidate for the PR internship meets the following requirements:
– Completed some public relations or journalism classes
– Excellent writing and organizational skills
– Strong attention to detail
– Solid grasp of key computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, Instagram)
– Available to work a minimum of 16 hours per week, preferably two to three full days
PR interns are an integral part of the account team at B2 Communications. As a boutique agency, B2’s PR interns benefit from working closely with the staff and agency principals on client projects.
Read the full internship description and get directions on how to apply.