College students and recent graduates looking to gain real-world public relations experience are encouraged to apply to become a PR intern with B2 Communications. This fully virtual PR intern program offers many opportunities to learn about public relations and gain real-world experience.
Each semester, two public relations interns assist our team with tasks such as drafting press releases, brainstorming media pitches, developing social media content, assisting with research, and preparing client reports. Public relations interns are integral parts of the B2 Communications team.
As a boutique agency, B2’s PR interns benefit from working closely with the agency principals on client projects. In the past, our PR interns have worked on projects for client projects like Sunstar Paramedics, St. Petersburg Free Clinic, SPCA Tampa Bay, Krewe of Sant’ Yago Knight Parade and others.
B2 interns are encouraged to attend PRSA and FPRA events to further their career development and network with other PR professionals. Previously, our PR interns had the opportunity to tour the Bay News 9 studio and learn insider tips on how to pitch a TV newsroom.
B2’s ideal candidate for the PR internship meets the following requirements:
– Completed some public relations or journalism classes
– Excellent writing and organizational skills
– Strong attention to detail
– Solid grasp of key computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint), cloud-based software (i.e. Dropbox) and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
– Available to work a minimum of 16 hours per week, preferably two to three full days
– Able to successfully work in a fully remote environment
B2 is actively recruiting for the Spring and Summer 2021 public relations internship program. See below for a full job description and directions on how to apply.
Public Relations Internship Opportunity
B2 Communications is seeking a motivated and ambitious public relations intern. B2 Communications moves quickly and efficiently, and requires its interns to complete high-quality work, juggle multiple tasks, follow through on projects and meet deadlines. B2 interns work closely with B2’s staff and principals, receiving coaching, guidance and help throughout the internship period.
Description of Common Internship Tasks:
– Support current projects involving writing, editing, researching and reporting
– Research relevant media contacts through Cision and other outlets
– Assist with writing media materials and other communication projects
– Compile databases of clients’ media placements and monthly reports using BurrellesLuce
– Must have excellent writing and organizational skills
– Must have strong attention to detail
– Must be a junior or senior, or a recent graduate, seeking a degree in public relations, journalism, communications, marketing or a related field
– Must have solid grasp of key computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and social media
– Understanding of Cision and BurrellesLuce (or similar programs) a plus
– Involvement with PRSSA or PRSA preferred
– Available for a minimum of 16 hours per week
– Preferably 2 to 3 full days per week
– $10 per hour
– Can apply toward credit, if university or college allows
To apply: Email your resume and 1-3 writing samples to email@example.com.