College students and recent graduates looking to gain real-world public relations experience are encouraged to apply to become a PR intern with B2 Communications. This fully virtual PR intern program offers many opportunities to learn about public relations and gain real-world experience.
Each semester, two public relations interns assist our team with tasks such as drafting press releases, brainstorming media pitches, developing social media content, assisting with research, and preparing client reports. Public relations interns are integral parts of the B2 Communications team.
As a boutique agency, B2’s PR interns benefit from working closely with the agency principals on client projects, tour the Bay News 9 studio and learn insider tips on how to pitch a TV newsroom. Read about past interns’ experiences.
B2 is actively recruiting for its public relations internship program in the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters. See below for a full job description and directions on how to apply.
Public Relations Internship Opportunity
B2 Communications is seeking a motivated and ambitious public relations intern. B2 Communications moves quickly and efficiently, and requires its PR interns to complete high-quality work, juggle multiple tasks, follow through on projects and meet deadlines. PR interns work closely with B2’s staff and principals, receiving coaching, guidance and help throughout the internship period.
Description of Common Internship Tasks:
– Support current projects involving writing, editing, researching and reporting
– Research relevant media contacts through Cision and other outlets
– Assist with writing media materials and other communication projects
– Compile databases of clients’ media placements and monthly reports using BurrellesLuce
– Able to successfully work in a fully remote environment
– Must have excellent writing and organizational skills
– Must have strong attention to detail
– Must be a junior or senior, or a recent graduate, seeking a degree in public relations, journalism, communications, marketing or a related field
– Completed some public relations or journalism classes
– Must have solid grasp of key computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint), cloud-based software (Dropbox and Drive) and social media platforms & management tools
– Understanding of Cision and BurrellesLuce (or similar programs) a plus
– Involvement with PRSSA or PRSA preferred
– Available for a minimum of 16 hours per week
– Preferably 2 to 3 full days per week
– $10 per hour
– Can apply toward credit, if university or college allows
– Attend virtual PRSA and FPRA events to further their career development and network with other PR professionals
How to Apply:
Please fill out this form to submit your resume and 1-3 writing samples. Emailed resumes will not be considered.
Applications for Summer 2021 are now closed, we will be accepting applications for Fall 2021 until early August.