B2 co-founder and principal Missy Hurley, APR is one of the three new members-at-large for the 2020 Executive Committee for Public Relations Society of America's Counselors Academy, a section focused on the business of public relations agencies.
Counselors Academy provides networking, mentoring and education for PR agency owners and senior managers of leading independent PR firms in the U.S. and Canada. Founded in 1960, Counselors Academy hosts an annual conference focused on the business of PR, fosters collaborative peer relationships, and provides meaningful professional development and education programs throughout the year.
Alison King, APR, president of Media Profile in Toronto, serves as the 2020 Chair. Two other members join Hurley on the Executive Committee: Tara Goodwin, entrepreneur and founder of Goodwin Group PR and Crisis Interception, LLC, in Walpole, Massachusetts.; and John Walker, Managing Partner of Chirp PR in Atlanta.
The 2020 officers for Counselors Academy are:
- Alison King, president of Media Profile in Toronto, as Chair.
- Chuck Norman, APR, owner and principal of S&A Communications in Raleigh, North Carolina, as Past-Chair
- Jon Goldberg, CEO of Reputation Architects, Inc., in Roseland, New Jersey, as Chair-Elect
- Rebecca Mosley, founding partner of Kiterocket in Seattle as Secretary/Treasurer
The Members-at-Large on the 2020 Executive Committee for Counselors Academy are:
- Greg Abel president of Abel Communications in Baltimore, and 2020 Spring Conference Co-Chair
- Brenda Jones Barwick, APR, president and CEO of Jones PR in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Darolyn Davis, principal-in-charge of Davis & Associates Communications, Inc., in San Francisco
- Filomena Fanelli, CEO and founder of Impact PR & Communications in Poughkeepsie, New York
- Natalie Ghidotti, APR, principal of Ghidotti Communications in Little Rock, Arkansas, and 2020 Spring Conference Co-Chair
- Tara Goodwin, entrepreneur and founder of Goodwin Group PR and Crisis Interception, LLC, in Walpole, Massachusetts
- Missy Hurley, APR, co-founder and principal of B2 Communications in St. Petersburg, Florida
- Kate Snyder, APR, owner and principal strategist of Piper & Gold Public Relations in Lansing, Michigan
- Jennifer Thompson, president of Thompson & Co. PR, in Anchorage, Alaska
- John Walker, Managing Partner of Chirp PR in Atlanta
- LaTricia Woods, APR, president and owner of Mahogany Xan Communications, LLC in Phoenix