College students and recent graduates looking to gain real-world public relations experience are encouraged to apply for one of B2 Communications’ internship positions. B2’s internship manager, senior account executive Laura Fontanills, APR, is currently accepting applications for the Spring 2015 semester.
Interns are an integral part of the account team at B2 Communications. As a smaller agency, B2’s interns benefit from working closely with the staff and agency principals on client projects.
Each semester, two interns assist with tasks such as drafting press releases, brainstorming media pitches, developing social media content, assisting with research, and preparing client reports.
In the past, our interns have working with the B2 team on projects for clients such as Sunstar Paramedics, Tampa Baseball Museum at the Al Lopez House and the Yes on Greenlight campaign. Read about our former interns’ experiences here, here and here.
B2 interns are encouraged to attend PRSA and FPRA events to further their career development and network with other PR professionals. This semester, our interns had the opportunity to tour the Bay News 9 studio and learn insider tips on how to pitch a TV newsroom.
B2’s ideal intern candidate meets the following requirements:
- Completed some public relations or journalism classes
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid grasp of key computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, Instagram)
- Available to work a minimum of 16 hours per week, preferably two to three full days
See our Careers page for a full job description and directions on how to apply.