Bayview is expanding and seeking a proactive, ambitious account coordinator. This person should have the ability to take ownership of projects, stay on top of details and be accountable for results.
In addition to managing and completing tasks with tenacious execution and follow-through, this PR professional should have the ability to contribute to strategic thinking and recognize opportunities for clients, involving news media, social media, industry relations, and community relations, to name a few.
Our agency moves quickly and efficiently, and this requires the ability to juggle multiple tasks, complete high-quality work and bring a high level of organizational skills. Of course, this junior-level position will not be expected to do all of this without coaching and help from Bayview’s principals and staff.
- Researching media contacts, background information, opportunities and more.
- Writing media materials in AP style.
- Proactively pitching news media and following-through on media relations efforts.
- Communicating results and reporting on clients’ media coverage and monthly activities.
- Assisting with various other communications projects, including presentations, proposals, social media, event planning, award nominations, and more.
- 1-3 years of experience in public relations, communications or journalism (applicable internships with meaningful responsibilities and results count). PR agency experience preferred.
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Must have extremely strong organizational and client relations skills.
- Must have solid grasp of key computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Understanding of MyMediaInfo and BurrellesLuce (or similar programs) a plus.
- Must have solid understanding of social media.
- Must be able to multi-task and quickly understand direction and priorities.
The ideal candidate will have a level of confidence and maturity, along with a desire to learn.
To apply: Email your resume and writing samples to Info@BayviewPR.com. No phone calls please.