B2 Communications is seeking a proactive, ambitious and organized account executive to join our growing team. B2 is seeking a PR professional who has a nose for news, and the ability to recognize opportunities for clients through social media, industry relations, and community relations.
B2 team members are expected to complete high-quality work, juggle multiple tasks, keep projects on track, and be accountable for results. The right candidate will be a motivated problem-solver who is able to work autonomously and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. He/she will have experience in managing and completing tasks with tenacious execution and persistent follow-through.
Experience in working with business-to-business communications is required. This account executive is expected to work with clients in residential and commercial real estate and related industries.
– Developing content (news releases, guest columns, newsletter articles, social media posts) that clearly and consistently communicates key messages, while focusing on what makes news – details that are either important or interesting, or both, for the target audience.
– Cultivating relationships with journalists, pitching media and securing news coverage for clients.
– Addressing client needs in a timely manner and proactively communicating with clients.
– Creating and managing social media accounts on behalf of clients.
– Developing email newsletters: writing newsletters in journalistic style and using email management programs to create, send and report on client e-newsletters.
– Attending client meetings and calls, and assisting account supervisor with follow up.
– Organizing tasks, creating project timelines and tracking project status with assistance from account supervisor.
– Tracking media placements and creating monthly client reports on key accomplishments, activities, and media coverage.
– Researching media contacts and maintaining knowledge of changes in media landscapes.
– Working closely with principals and B2 team members to ensure client satisfaction.
– Assisting with communications projects, including presentations, proposals, social media, newsletters, event planning, award nominations, and more.
Desired Knowledge & Skills
– Self-starting person who is able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
– Experience in successfully working with news media (or experience working in the media).
– Powerful writer with command of journalistic style.
– Keen attention to detail, highly organized, and able to multitask and juggle multiple priorities.
– Ability to handle pressure and multiple, tight deadlines.
– Knowledge of social media management strategies and best practices.
– Voracious reader and news junkie.
– Proactive and curious in nature, with creativity and persistence in solving challenges.
– Understanding of media research databases like Vocus and monitoring tools like BurrellesLuce.
– Knowledge of content management systems like WordPress and/or email marketing platforms like MailChimp.
– Desire to continually learn and improve your work.
– Minimum of two years of experience in public relations, communications or journalism.
– Proven experience and results in media relations.
– Command of AP style.
– Mastery of key computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.
– Bachelor’s degree required – focus on journalism, communications or public relations preferred.
This is a full-time position based in downtown St. Petersburg, with group health insurance, paid holidays, vacation, cell phone stipend and parking provided. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and writing samples to Missy MacFarlane at Missy@B2communications.com. No phone calls please.