B2 Communications is looking for an ambitious Senior Account Executive to join our growing team. The right candidate will be a motivated strategic problem-solver who is able to work autonomously and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. He/she will have exceptional knowledge of public relations and communications, a proven record of media relations results and experience in project management.
Experience in working with business-to-business communications is required. This senior account executive will be expected to work with a wide range of clients, including those in the commercial real estate and engineering industries.
– Leading meetings/discussions about PR goals, strategies and tactics.
– Developing a deep understanding of clients’ businesses and industries.
– Providing appropriate and timely strategic public relations counsel, while developing and implementing communications campaigns tailored to each client’s goals.
– Developing content that clearly and consistently communicates key messages, while focusing on what makes news – details that are either important or interesting, or both, for the target audience.
– Cultivating relationships with journalists, pitching media and securing news coverage for clients.
– Understanding media opportunities and needs, and maintaining knowledge of changes in media landscapes.
– Developing strategic plans and reporting on progress toward goals in a meaningful way.
– Writing concise, powerful and interesting guest columns and newsletter articles.
– Creating and managing project timelines and budgets.
– Addressing client needs in a timely manner and proactively communicating with clients on a regular basis.
– Aligning new opportunities with business priorities.
– Working closely with principals and other team members to ensure client satisfaction.
– Discovering and developing new communications opportunities that make an impact for our clients.
– Gaining necessary approvals on programs, ideas and materials.
– Tracking media placements, and generating client reports on activities and coverage.
– Providing leadership and coaching to account coordinators and interns.
Required Knowledge & Skills
– Impeccable written/verbal communications and client relations skills.
– Powerful writer in various formats; eagle-eye editor; command of journalistic style.
– Experience in successfully working with media, shown through existing media relationships, along with skills, knowledge and ability to develop new relationships with journalists and producers.
– Big-picture thinking, while being able to quickly and thoroughly complete tasks to make progress toward the overall goal.
– Solid understanding of business fundamentals.
– Keen attention to detail, highly organized, and able to juggle multiple priorities.
– Ability to handle pressure and multiple, tight deadlines.
– Proactive and curious in nature, with creativity and persistence in solving challenges.
– Voracious reader and news junkie. Awareness of the developments, advancements, and changes in the journalism industry.
– Desire to continually learn and improve your work.
– Minimum 3 – 5 years of public relations and communications experience.
– Minimum 2 years of direct project management or client/account management experience. Account management experience in an agency setting is highly preferred.
– Proven experience and results in media relations.
– Command of AP style.
– Experience with CMS and e-mail marketing platforms, media monitoring tools and media databases.
– Mastery of key computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.
– Bachelor’s degree required – focus on journalism, communications or public relations preferred.
This is a full-time position based in St. Petersburg, with benefits like group health insurance, paid time off (holidays, vacation, etc.), cell phone stipend and parking provided. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and at least 3 writing samples to Missy Hurley at Careers@B2communications.com. No phone calls please.