B2 Communications is looking for an ambitious Senior Account Executive, Public Affairs to join our team. B2 is actively recruiting for this position (2/28/2019).
The right candidate will be a motivated strategic problem-solver who is able to work autonomously and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. He/she will have exceptional knowledge of public relations, communications, and public engagement, a proven record of media relations results and experience in project management.
This senior account executive will work with a wide range of clients, with a focus on public engagement projects for such clients as land developers, transportation agencies, planning firms and engineering firms.
Our agency moves quickly and efficiently, and this position requires the ability to juggle multiple tasks, complete impeccable work, and keep projects on track.
– Developing and executing public engagement campaigns while working with such key constituencies as neighbors, elected officials, government staff and officials, and the general public.
– Providing appropriate and timely strategic public relations counsel, while developing and implementing communications campaigns tailored to each client’s goals.
– Leading meetings/discussions about PR goals, strategies and tactics.
– Developing content that clearly communicates key messages, while focusing on details that are either important or interesting, or both, for the target audience.
– Understanding how social media, digital communications and SEO play into successful public engagement.
– Cultivating relationships with journalists, pitching media and securing news coverage for clients.
– Understanding media opportunities and needs, and having knowledge of changes in media.
– Developing strategic plans and reporting on progress toward goals in a meaningful way.
– Developing a deep understanding of clients’ businesses and industries.
– Understanding the public’s perception of issues/topics, what influencers are most important, and how to take appropriate steps to educate stakeholders.
– Writing concise, powerful and interesting guest columns, op-eds and newsletter articles.
– Creating and managing project timelines and budgets.
– Addressing client needs in a timely manner and proactively communicating with clients.
– Aligning new opportunities with business priorities.
– Working closely with principals and other team members to ensure client satisfaction.
– Discovering and developing new communications opportunities that make an impact for clients.
– Gaining necessary approvals on programs, ideas and materials.
– Tracking media placements, and generating client reports on activities and coverage.
– Providing leadership and coaching to account coordinators and interns.
Desired Knowledge & Skills
– Impeccable written/verbal communications and client relations skills.
– Powerful writer in various formats; eagle-eye editor; command of journalistic style.
– Experience in handling public outreach campaigns, shown through stakeholder outreach, relationship-building, working with government staffers and elected officials, and thinking of ways to build support for initiatives while outflanking opponents.
– Experience in successfully working with media, shown through existing media relationships, along with skills, knowledge and ability to develop new relationships with journalists.
– Big-picture thinking, while being able to complete tasks to make progress toward the goal.
– Solid understanding of public engagement and PR fundamentals.
– Keen attention to detail, highly organized, and able to juggle multiple priorities.
– Ability to handle pressure and multiple, tight deadlines.
– Proactive and curious in nature, with creativity and persistence in solving challenges.
– News junkie: Awareness of developments and changes in the journalism industry.
– Desire to continually learn and improve your work.
– Minimum 5 years of public relations and communications experience.
– Minimum 2 years of direct campaign management, community engagement or client/account management experience.
– Proven experience and results in media relations and community engagement.
– Command of AP style.
– Mastery of key computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.
– Bachelor’s degree required – focus on journalism, communications or public relations preferred.
This is a full-time position based in downtown St. Petersburg, with group health insurance, paid holidays and vacation, cell phone stipend, and full suite of benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Send your resume and 2-3 writing samples to Missy Hurley at Careers@B2Communications.com. Applications without writing samples will not be considered. No phone calls, please.