B2 Communications is hiring a PR specialist who has a nose for news, strong writing skills, and a demonstrated ability to deliver on impactful and meaningful PR strategies for clients. This PR specialist has the ability to recognize opportunities for clients through media relations, social media, industry relations, and community relations.
The PR specialist has mastery of a wide range of tactics within the public relations discipline. This versatile PR pro can move quickly between the tactics of media relations to advising clients on the most effective strategies to achieve the organization’s objectives.
A PR specialist at B2 is skilled at completing high-quality work on short deadlines, juggling multiple assignments, and being accountable for results. This person works autonomously and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and contributes to client and team objectives.
– Understand clients’ needs and develop PR plans that effectively meet clients’ communications objectives.
– Interview subject matter experts to find newsworthy angles and interesting details.
– Cultivate relationships with key reporters, producers and editors. Draft pitches that will resonate with individual reporters, producers and editors. Follow through on media relations efforts.
– Develop content – news releases, guest columns, newsletter articles, blog posts – that clearly, concisely, and consistently communicates clients’ key messages.
– Develop email newsletters: create/manage editorial calendars, interview subject matter experts, write interesting, accurate newsletters items in journalistic style, develop corresponding blog content, and use email management programs.
– Research community relations opportunities and facilitate clients’ involvement, from draft award entries to setting up speaking engagements to finding creative avenues for participation.
– Assist clients with social media from drafting posts to responding to negative comments to creating social media toolkits.
– Facilitate influencer programs on clients’ behalf, which may include researching relevant influencers, negotiating partnerships, drafting content, communicating regularly, and tracking results.
– Create media talking points and prepare spokesperson(s) for interviews.
– Assist in media training spokespeople.
– Create and follow project timelines, and work with a team to accomplish client goals.
– Address client needs in a timely manner and proactively communicate with clients. Attend client meetings and calls.
– Work closely with internal teams to provide updates, meet deadlines and surpass client expectations.
– Assist in creating monthly client reports on key accomplishments, activities, and media coverage.
– Work independently by prioritizing tasks and following through on projects to completion.
Desired Knowledge & Skills
– Self-starting person who is able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
– Experience in successfully working with news media (or experience working as a journalist).
– Powerful, concise writer with command of journalistic and AP style.
– Strong copy editing abilities and accuracy with facts, titles, proper nouns, etc.
– Voracious reader and news junkie.
– Keen attention to detail, highly organized, and able to multitask and juggle multiple priorities.
– Understanding of media research databases like Cision and monitoring tools like BurrellesLuce.
– Knowledge of content management systems like WordPress and/or email marketing platforms likeMailChimp.
– Desire to continually learn and improve your work.
– Minimum of 3 years of experience working in public relations, communications or journalism, preferably with a PR agency.
– Must have excellent writing skills and command of AP style.
– Mastery of key computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail.
– Bachelor’s degree required – focus on journalism, communications or public relations preferred.
This is a full-time position based in St. Petersburg, with benefits like group health insurance, paid time off (holidays, vacation, etc.), cell phone stipend and parking provided. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and at least 3 writing samples to Careers@B2communications.com. No phone calls please.