B2 Communications’ PR director has exceptional knowledge of public relations and communications strategy, and demonstrated success in exceeding client expectations.
The PR director is accountable for achieving results for clients. The person moves quickly between counseling clients on strategies for achieving the organization’s objectives to guiding internal teams on PR tactics. This role has dual responsibility for achieving strategic business objectives and executing PR tactics with impact.
The PR director plays a key role in delivering high-quality work. This person works autonomously and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and contributes significantly to agency objectives.
PR Director: Key Responsibilities
- Leading and guiding B2’s work on PR goals, strategies and tactics on clients’ behalf.
- Providing appropriate and timely strategic public relations counsel.
- Developing strategic plans and communications campaigns tailored to each client’s goals and guiding team members on implementing the plan.
- Serving as primary contact for client. Communicating with clients on a regular basis and addressing client needs in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction.
- Building relationships with clients, business partners, reporters, editors, producers, key constituents and others.
- Guiding tactics that clearly and consistently communicate key messages for target audiences.
- Adeptly executing a wide range of PR tactics, such as content development, community/industry relations, social media.
- Setting and managing project timelines and budgets to deliver high-quality work.
- Leading high-performing teams on public relations strategies and tactics, and proactively looking for coaching and mentoring opportunities.
- Developing a deep understanding of clients’ businesses and industries.
- Analyzing outcomes and recommending adjustments in strategy.
- Seeking new business opportunities for the agency.
- Co-leading media training sessions with agency principals.
- Working side-by-side with agency principals.
- Managing relationships with contractors and business partners for client and agency success.
Desired Knowledge & Skills
- Self-starting person who is able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to lead, guide and counsel clients and team members toward the overall goal.
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to identify and understand client goals.
- Excellent project manager with strong planning and organizational skills.
- Business acumen and understanding of PR’s role in organizational success.
- Polished presenter and adept at explaining PR terms and outcomes at senior/C-suite levels.
- Impeccable written/verbal communications skills and ability to communicate across departments.
- Handles pressure and juggles multiple, tight deadlines.
- Persistent and creative in solving challenges.
- Eagle-eye editor with command of AP style and experience coaching and mentoring writers.
- Understanding media opportunities and needs, and maintaining knowledge of changes in the journalism industry.
- Driven, ambitious and willing to contribute to the agency’s success.
- Involved in the community and/or in key industries in which B2 works.
- Proactive and curious in nature, with a desire to continually learn and improve your work.
- Voracious reader and news junkie.
Required Experience for PR Director
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in public relations, communications or journalism, preferably including significant experience with a PR agency.
- Minimum 5 years of leadership within a PR setting, with a preference for client/account management experience in a PR agency setting.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing PR campaigns for a wide range of clients, particularly those with a B2B focus.
- Experience in growing clients and developing new business.
- Management experience in developing star performers and overseeing performance.
- Mastery of key computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail.
- Experience with content management systems like WordPress and/or email marketing platforms like MailChimp preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required – focus on journalism, communications or public relations preferred.
- Fluent in English required, fluent in Spanish preferred.
- MBA or APR preferred.
This is a full-time, fully virtual position, however, in-market (Tampa Bay) meetings are required at least twice per month. Candidates who live in the Tampa Bay region, in Central Florida or along Florida’s Gulf Coast are preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include group health insurance, paid time off, access to co-working space, stipend for cell phone and internet, and ample opportunities for professional development.
How to Apply for the PR Director Position
B2 Communications is committed to providing equal opportunity to applicants and to maintaining an equitable and inclusive workplace. BIPOC and LGBTQ+ applicants are encouraged to apply.
Please fill out this form to submit your resume and 1-3 writing samples. Emailed resumes will not be considered.
B2 Communications is an equal opportunity employer and committed to maintaining a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Read more about our values here.