B2 Communications is adding an Operations Coordinator to help the PR agency run efficiently and profitably. The operations coordinator provides structure and accountability for the agency while supporting strong P&L results.
The agency is looking for an innovative and creative person who finds and implements practical and timely solutions for day-to-day challenges to help the agency hum. This flexible and resourceful person learns quickly, works at a faster-than-average pace, and easily adapts to change.
As part of B2’s leadership team the position requires effective collaboration with the firm’s two co-founders and its contract bookkeeper.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the agency’s goals in alignment with its business plan
- Recommend, execute and communicate operating policies, processes and procedures to enable efficient operations and enhance growth
- Assist B2’s bookkeeper and principals on items that impact the financial health of the agency, such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and time cards, monthly and annual financial reports, tracking expenses, and reconciling bank & credit card statements
- Track the annual operating budget and firm revenue
- Maintain client records/contracts and related subcontracts
- Assist in accurate, timely invoicing
- Manage vendors for essential firm functions
- Coordinate contracts and invoices with subcontractors/freelancers
- Tracking renewal periods and coordinating contracts with vendors
- Maintaining dues and subscriptions
- Track client and staff profitability to allow for adequate resource allocation, and regularly monitor time tracking software to ensure accurate billing and reporting
- Maintain IT systems/technology and cloud-based tools
- Set up computers and issue technology to new hires
- Maintain e-mail and electronic communications systems
- Administer VoIP system with vendor
- Purchase computers and other technology tools when necessary
- Fulfill human resources functions to attract, retain and support employees and interns
- Set onboarding process for new employees and interns, and help new hires quickly transition into the agency
- Recruit employees and interns, which includes posting job openings, working with recruiters, reviewing resumes, screening candidates, communicating with candidates, extending offers, and other related duties
- Create utilization and capacity plans
- Maintain personnel files with bookkeeper
- Update employee handbook as policies, regulations and processes change
- Schedule performance reviews and facilitating employee feedback in review process
- Take a lead role in maintaining a positive, healthy and collaborative culture
- Track paid time off/vacation requests
- Administer employee benefits
- Measure progress toward on short- and long-term agency goals
- Assist B2’s bookkeeper in working with payroll vendor and administering the retirement plan
- Maintain corporate files and file corporation’s annual report
- Assist with updates to the agency’s website
- Other responsibilities as requested by principals
- Sound judgement in handling confidential information
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Desire, energy and ability to proactively problem-solve
- Commitment to continuous improvement and constant learning
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Business acumen
- Accounting principles, such as profit-loss statements, and time- and fee-based billing
- HR skills
- Microsoft Office programs
- Web-based tools and technology, including Zoom, Google Business Suite, Dropbox, Harvest (or similar time-tracking software), Slack, LastPass, MailChimp and Proposify (or similar tool)
- BA or BS, preferably in business administration, organizational development, human resources or similar degree
- At least 5 years of experience working in operations or administration. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a public relations or advertising agency, or in a professional services firm.
This is a full-time hybrid position based in St. Petersburg, Florida. B2 is a fully virtual agency, however, the position’s responsibilities require regular in-person meetings in St. Petersburg. We expect the principals and/or B2’s bookkeeper to meet with the operations coordinator at least once per week in St. Petersburg, Fla.
Candidates who live in the Tampa Bay region, or are planning to relocate within 6 months of the start date, will be considered.
The compensation is commensurate with experience. Benefits include group health insurance, paid time off, access to co-working space, technology stipend, flexible scheduling, and ample opportunities for professional development.
How to Apply
B2 Communications is committed to providing equal opportunity to applicants and to maintaining an equitable and inclusive workplace. BIPOC and LGBTQ+ applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements via the form on the B2 website at this link. Please, no phone calls or outreach outside this channel.