B2 Communications is hiring a content strategist to join its growing team. The ideal candidate is an experienced writer who can clearly and concisely communicate in any format and within nearly any industry. This person has a passion for business-to-business communications, an ability to break down complex information, and versatility in their writing style to create or match clients’ tone and style.
The content strategist will be responsible for producing high-quality media content to support clients’ public relations and content marketing objectives. The content strategist works autonomously and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and contributes to team objectives. The content strategist has a positive attitude about being edited, with the goal of constantly improving the quality of the work and how well it delivers interesting, important content that has impact for the audience.
The content strategist is skilled at completing high-quality work on short deadlines, juggling multiple assignments, and being accountable for results.
– Understand clients’ needs and develop content that effectively meets clients’ communications objectives.
– Develop content strategies and key messages that are aligned with clients’ short-term and long-term goals.
– Consistently produce top-quality content in various formats (i.e. guest columns, newsletter articles, blogs, case studies, web copy, news releases, social media posts) using journalistic style.
– Create and maintain tone and style for clients.
– Interview clients to find interesting details and newsworthy angles.
– Create/maintain content calendar and work closely with internal teams to meet deadlines.
– Identify targets for placing copy, and create/maintain content calendar.
– Develop strategies for search engine optimization (SEO) and track performance.
– Work closely with internal teams to provide updates, meet deadlines and surpass client expectations.
– Address client needs in a timely manner and proactively communicate with clients and/or account teams.Attend client meetings and calls as needed.
– Work independently by prioritizing tasks and following through on projects to completion.
Desired Knowledge & Skills
– Self-starting person who is able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
– Experience working in a PR agency or as a journalist in B2B or business news publications.
– Powerful, concise writer with command of journalistic and AP style.
– Flawless copy editing abilities and accuracy with facts, titles, proper nouns, etc.
– Keen attention to detail, highly organized, and able to multitask and juggle multiple priorities.
– Ability to handle pressure and multiple, tight deadlines.
– Voracious reader and news junkie.
– Proactive and curious in nature, with creativity and persistence in solving challenges.
– Desire to continually learn and improve your work.
– Understanding of SEO optimization.
– Minimum of three years of experience in public relations, communications or journalism.
– Experience in working with business newspapers or trade media outlets is preferred.
– Command of AP style.
– Mastery of key computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.
– Bachelor’s degree required – focus on journalism, communications or public relations preferred.
This is a full-time position based in St. Petersburg, with benefits like group health insurance, paid time off (holidays, vacation, etc.), cell phone stipend and parking provided. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and at least 3 writing samples to Careers@B2communications.com. No phone calls please.