B2 Communications is seeking an account director with exceptional knowledge of public relations and communications strategy, and demonstrated success in exceeding client expectations.
The account director is accountable for achieving results for clients. He/she moves quickly between counseling clients on the most effective strategies for achieving the organization’s objectives to guiding internal teams on PR tactics.
The account director leads teams in delivering high-quality work. He/she creates plans that use a wide range of public relations tactics, and guides teams on implementing PR plans that may include message strategy, media relations, content development, industry relations, social media, public engagement and community relations.
– Leading and guiding B2’s work on PR goals, strategies and tactics on clients’ behalf.
– Providing appropriate and timely strategic public relations counsel.
– Developing strategic plans and communications campaigns tailored to each client’s goals and guiding team members on implementing the plan.
– Leading high-performing teams on public relations strategies and tactics.
– Developing a deep understanding of clients’ businesses and industries.
– Ensuring client satisfaction and proactively seeking opportunities to meet or exceed client expectations.
– Building relationships with clients, business partners, reporters, editors, producers, key constituents and others.
– Serving as primary contact for client. Communicating with clients on a regular basis and addressing client needs in a timely manner.
– Guiding tactics that clearly and consistently communicate key messages for target audiences.
– Setting and managing project timelines and budgets to deliver high-quality work.
– Analyzing outcomes and recommending adjustments in strategy.
– Seeking new business opportunities for the agency.
– Co-leading media training sessions with agency principals.
– Working side-by-side with agency principals on crisis communications projects.
– Coaching and mentoring team members.
Required Knowledge & Skills
– Self-starting person who is able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
– Ability to lead, guide and counsel clients and team members toward the overall goal.
– Strategic mindset, with the ability to identify and understand client goals.
– Excellent project manager with strong planning and organizational skills.
– Business acumen and understanding of PR’s role in organizational success.
– Polished presenter and adept at explaining PR terms and outcomes at senior/C-suite levels.
– Impeccable written/verbal communications skills and ability to communicate across departments.
– Handles pressure and juggles multiple, tight deadlines.
– Persistent and creative in solving challenges.
– Eagle-eye editor with command of AP style and experience coaching and mentoring writers.
– Understanding media opportunities and needs, and maintaining knowledge of changes in the journalism industry.
– Driven, ambitious and willing to contribute to the agency’s success.
– Involved in the community and/or in key industries in which B2 works.
– Proactive and curious in nature, with a desire to continually learn and improve your work.
– Voracious reader and news junkie.
– Minimum of 7 years of experience working in public relations, communications or journalism, preferably with a PR agency.
– Minimum 4 years of leadership within a PR setting, with a preference for client/account management experience in a PR agency setting.
– Proven track record of successfully implementing PR campaigns for a wide range of clients.
– Experience in growing clients and developing new business.
– Management experience in developing star performers and overseeing performance.
– Mastery of key computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail.
– Experience with content management systems like WordPress and/or email marketing platforms likeMailChimp.
– Bachelor’s degree required – focus on journalism, communications or public relations preferred.
– MBA or APR preferred.
This is a full-time position based in St. Petersburg, with benefits like group health insurance, paid time off (holidays, vacation, etc.), cell phone stipend and parking provided. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and campaign examples to at Careers@B2communications.com. No phone calls please.