Account directors at B2 Communications guide our clients on effective public relations strategies and lead high-performing teams in successfully implementing PR and communications tactics.
The account director has exceptional knowledge of public relations and integrated communications strategy, and they have demonstrated success in exceeding client expectations. They understand the importance of high-touch service, and they have a high degree of accountability for their responsibilities while contributing in a meaningful way to client and team objectives.
This person is a lifelong learner who has a desire to teach, train and mentor others. They are a flexible self-starter and able to work autonomously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This person values transparency and integrity in all aspects of their work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as primary contact for client. Proactively communicate with clients on a regular basis and address client needs in a timely manner.
- Provide appropriate and timely strategic public relations counsel.
- Develop strategic and goal-oriented communications plans.
- Lead high-performing teams on implementing a full spectrum of impactful public relations strategies and tactics.
- Develop a deep understanding of clients’ businesses and industries.
- Set and manage project timelines and budgets to deliver high-quality work.
- Recognize opportunities for account growth.
- Assist in development of scope and budgets for clients.
- Analyze outcomes and recommend adjustments in strategy.
Content strategy & development
- Clearly and consistently communicate key messages for target audiences.
- Develop integrated content strategies that achieve organizational goals.
- Guide teams in executing content strategy and developing high-quality content.
- Adept editor in a variety of formats.
- Lead media training sessions with agency principals.
- Set media strategy and assist account team in identifying newsworthy opportunities that support clients’ goals.
- Build relationships with subject matter experts, reporters, editors, producers, and media representatives.
- Prepare spokespeople for media interviews.
Training & development
- Work collaboratively with agency principals and PR network partners.
- Provide coaching, training and mentoring to team members.
- Play key role in B2’s internship program.
- Assist in developing capacity and growth plans for account teams.
- Proactively contribute ideas for B2U sessions and other avenues for educating agency teams on new concepts and trends.
- Work independently by prioritizing tasks and following through on projects to completion.
- Strong ability to lead, guide and counsel C-suite and senior business leaders on effective public relations and communications
- Sound judgement in handling confidential information
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize, and help others prioritize
- Desire, energy, and ability to proactively and creatively problem-solve
- Commitment to continuous improvement and constant learning
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills and command of AP style
- Proven track record of successfully implementing PR and integrated campaigns
- PR tools and technology, such as MuckRack, Cision, WordPress, Sprout Social and MailChimp (or similar tools)
- Web-based tools and technology, including Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, Zoom, Dropbox, Harvest, Slack, and Proposify (or similar tools)
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in public relations, communications or journalism, preferably including significant experience with a PR agency
- Minimum 5 years of leadership within a PR setting, with a preference for client/account management experience in a PR agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree required – focus on journalism, communications or public relations preferred
- MBA or APR preferred
Key Performance Indicators
- Client retention (90% or greater)
- Leading teams who are consistently delivering results that have an impact for clients – on time and on budget (within 10% of budget)
- Billability benchmarks (at least 165 hours/month with 75% billability)
This is a full-time hybrid position based in St. Petersburg, Florida. B2 is a fully virtual agency, however, the responsibilities require in-person meetings with clients and supervision at photo shoots and media interviews in the Tampa Bay region on a regular basis.
Candidates who live in the Tampa Bay region, in Central Florida or along Florida’s Gulf Coast – or are willing to relocate within 6 months of starting the position – will be given preference. Relocation reimbursement may be considered as part of the total compensation package.
Salary range is $95,000-$110,000. Benefits include group health insurance, employer-sponsored short-term and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) with company match, ample paid time off, access to co-working space, technology stipend, and support for professional development. Performance bonuses are awarded on an annual basis.
How to Apply
B2 Communications is an equal opportunity employer and committed to maintaining a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. BIPOC and LGBTQ+ applicants are encouraged to apply.
Please fill out this form to submit your resume and 1-3 work samples. Emailed resumes will not be considered.