B2 Communications’ Kyle Parks recently presented to CREW Tampa Bay members and luncheon guests about “Being on Target in 2013,” covering five ways to build your brand.
His tips included:
- Know your value proposition – How do you help your customers? Describe it in a tangible way that isn’t bragging, but tells someone why you are good at what you do.
- Perfect your “elevator speech” – Describe what you do and how you help your customers in 3 sentences or less.
- Target your marketing and PR – Some possible channels: targeted web advertising; a content-rich, helpful, topical blog; communications that engage your prospect database, and “lunch n’ learn” events for customers and top prospects.
- Leverage your industry and community involvement – Is your company’s outside involvement leading to more business? Evaluate everything you do.
- Build your credibility, which helps turn leads into sales – When a prospect hears about your company and looks you up on the Internet, what does that prospect find? A quality website is a must and the starting point, but work to also have good third-party content on the web about your company.
The co-presenter, Rick Gallegos of Rick J. Gallegos & Associates, spoke about creating a richer, more satisfying life. He went over what he called a “balance wheel,” which helps in evaluating someone’s current priorities and in establishing future goals.