Senior account executives at B2 Communications play a key role in creating effective PR plans and implementing PR tactics that achieve goals.
The senior account executive has a track record of success in public relations – communications strategy, media relations, and content strategy and development. They are experienced project managers who consistently deliver quality work that contributes to client and team objectives. In addition, they have exceptional client service standards.
This person values collaboration and organization, and they have a desire to continue to grow their skills in the PR profession. They are a flexible self-starter who works autonomously and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven hybrid environment.
- Account Service:
- Serve as primary client contact for project status and tactical updates.
- Participate in the creation of PR plans that effectively meet clients’ objectives.
- Implement the day-to-day tactics of communications plans.
- Lead client meetings, communicate status and next steps, and track progress toward deliverables, goals and deadlines.
- Set project timelines, meet deadlines and work with team to accomplish goals.
- Understand clients’ businesses, industry verticals and competitive landscape.
- Communicate with clients and colleagues with the appropriate level of formality, information needs and framing/context.
- Media Relations:
- Create media outreach plans, media materials and pitch strategies based on campaigns and/or client goals.
- Execute targeted media outreach and earn media coverage.
- Cultivate and maintain media relationships in key geographic markets and/or industry trade verticals.
- Build relationships with subject matter experts.
- Prepare spokespersons for interviews.
- Assist with media trainings.
- Content Strategy & Development:
- Implement integrated content strategies that clearly and consistently communicate key messages in alignment with goals.
- Participate in strategy sessions and create implementation plans.
- Lead brainstorming sessions and guide teams on tactics that align with goals.
- Create client-ready content and edit others’ work.
- Use best practices for digital and search engine optimization (SEO).
- Research & Reporting:
- Analyze reports and recommend adjustments to our approach when needed.
- Highlight key accomplishments and track performance toward goals.
- Oversee internal reporting process.
- Training & Development
- Work collaboratively with agency principals, colleagues and PR network partners.
- Provide coaching, training and mentoring to team members.
- Learn new concepts and trends and share key insights.
- Contribute to B2U sessions.
- Work independently by prioritizing tasks and following through on projects to completion.
- Interpret and implement public relations and communications plans.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize, and to help others prioritize.
- Desire, energy and ability to problem-solve and deliver high-quality work.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and constant learning.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Experienced in successfully implementing PR and integrated communications campaigns.
- Adept at media relations, with experience in trade or business-oriented media.
- Strong project manager who uses collaboration and clarity to achieve results.
- Proficiency with PR tools and technology, including Microsoft Office suite, Google for Business, Dropbox, Slack, Zoom, WordPress (or similar content management system), MuckRack (or similar media research database and media monitoring systems), MailChimp (or similar email marketing platform), Loomly (or other social media management/scheduling tools), and Hive (or similar project management tools).
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working in public relations, communications or journalism, with at least 2 years at a PR agency.
- Experience in working with news media (or experience working as a journalist), with a preference for business-orientated media.
- Bachelor’s degree required – focus on journalism, communications or public relations preferred.
This is a full-time hybrid position based in St. Petersburg, Florida. B2 is a fully virtual agency, however, the responsibilities require in-person meetings with clients and supervision at photo shoots and media interviews in the Tampa Bay region on a regular basis.
Preference will be given to candidates who live in Florida, or would relocate within 6 months of starting the position.
Salary range is $65,000-$80,000. Benefits include group health insurance, paid time off, access to co-working space, stipend for cell phone and internet, and ample opportunities for professional development.
How to Apply
Please fill out this form to submit your resume and 1-3 writing samples. Emailed resumes will not be considered.
B2 Communications is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to maintaining a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. BIPOC and LGBTQ+ applicants are encouraged to apply. Read more about our values here.