This job listing is currently open.
PR job alert: B2 Communications is growing again! We’re hiring a proactive, ambitious and organized public relations account coordinator to join our team.
This junior-level PR professional should have a nose for news, strong writing and critical thinking skills, and the ability to recognize opportunities for clients through social media, industry relations, and community relations.
The right candidate will have experience in media relations or journalism, and be comfortable in a fast- paced and deadline-driven environment. B2 account coordinators are expected to take ownership of projects, stay on top of details, and be accountable for results. This person will manage and complete tasks with tenacious execution and persistent follow-through.
Our agency moves quickly and efficiently, and this position requires the ability to juggle multiple tasks, complete impeccable work, and keep projects on track. This person will receive coaching from B2’s principals and work closely with other B2 team members to accomplish results for our clients.
- Developing content – news releases, guest columns, newsletter articles, social media posts – that clearly, concisely, and consistently communicates key messages.
- Proactively pitching news media and following through on media relations efforts.
- Creating and managing social media accounts on behalf of clients.
- Developing email newsletters: writing newsletters in journalistic style and using email management programs to create, send, and report on client e-newsletters.
- Creating and managing project timelines, and working with a team to accomplish client goals.
- Attending client meetings and calls, and assisting account supervisor with follow-up.
- Organizing tasks and assisting in tracking project status with account supervisor.
- Communicating results and helping create monthly client reports on key accomplishments, activities, and media coverage.
- Addressing client needs in a timely manner and proactively communicating with clients.
- Using knowledge of client and its industry to help generate ideas for raising the client’s visibility while enhancing the client’s status as an expert.
- Tracking media placements, and generating client reports on activities and coverage.
- Researching media contacts, background information, news trends, opportunities, etc.
- Researching opportunities for speaking engagements and drafting pitch emails to organizations.
- Assisting with various other communications projects, including presentations, proposals, social media, newsletters, event planning, award nominations, and more.
Desired Knowledge & Skills
- Self-starting person who is able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience in successfully working with news media (or experience working as a journalist).
- Keen attention to detail, highly organized, and able to multitask and juggle multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of social media management strategies and best practices.
- Voracious reader and news junkie.
- Understanding of media research databases like Cision and monitoring tools like BurrellesLuce.
- Knowledge of content management systems like WordPress and/or email marketing platforms like
- Desire to continually learn and improve your work.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in public relations, communications or journalism, preferably with an agency (internships with meaningful responsibilities apply).
- Must have excellent writing skills and command of AP style.
- Mastery of key computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail.
- Bachelor’s degree required – focus on journalism, communications or public relations preferred.
This is a full-time position based in downtown St. Petersburg, with group health insurance, paid holidays and vacation and cell phone stipend. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Send your resume and 2-3 writing samples to email@example.com. No phone calls please.