College students and recent graduates looking to gain real-world public relations experience are encouraged to apply for B2 Communications’ public relations internship program. B2 is currently accepting applications for PR interns.
Each semester, two PR interns assist the B2 team with tasks such as drafting press releases, brainstorming media pitches, developing social media content, assisting with research, and preparing client reports.
In the past, our PR interns have worked on projects for clients such as Sunstar Paramedics, St. Petersburg Free Clinic, SPCA Tampa Bay, The Tampa Bay 100, Krewe of Sant’ Yago Knight Parade and others. Read about our former interns’ experiences in Fall 2017, Summer 2017, Summer 2016 and Spring 2016.
B2 interns are encouraged to attend PRSA and FPRA events to further their career development and network with other PR professionals. Previously, our PR interns had the opportunity to tour the Bay News 9 studio and learn insider tips on how to pitch a TV newsroom.
B2’s ideal candidate for the PR internship meets the following requirements:
– Completed some public relations or journalism classes
– Excellent writing and organizational skills
– Strong attention to detail
– Solid grasp of key computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, Instagram)
– Available to work a minimum of 16 hours per week, preferably two to three full days
PR interns are an integral part of the account team at B2 Communications. As a boutique agency, B2’s PR interns benefit from working closely with the staff and agency principals on client projects.
See below for a full job description and directions on how to apply.
B2 Communications Internship Opportunity
B2 Communications is seeking a motivated and ambitious public relations intern. B2 Communications moves quickly and efficiently, and requires its interns to complete high-quality work, juggle multiple tasks, follow through on projects and meet deadlines. B2 interns work closely with B2’s staff and principals, receiving coaching, guidance and help throughout the internship period.
Description of Common Internship Tasks:
– Support current projects involving writing, editing, researching and reporting
– Research relevant media contacts through Cision and other outlets
– Assist with writing media materials and other communication projects
– Compile databases of clients’ media placements and monthly reports using BurrellesLuce
– Reports directly to Account Coordinators and Account Executives with additional direction from Account Managers and Principals
– Must have excellent writing and organizational skills
– Must have strong attention to detail
– Must be a junior or senior, or a recent graduate, seeking a degree in public relations, journalism, communications, marketing or a related field
– Understanding of Cision and BurrellesLuce (or similar programs) a plus
– Involvement with PRSSA or PRSA preferred
– Must have solid grasp of key computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and social media
– Available for a minimum of 16 hours per week
– Preferably 2 to 3 full days per week
– $10 per hour
– Can apply toward credit, if university or college allows
To apply: Email your resume and a writing sample to email@example.com.