B2 Communications is hiring an assistant account coordinator to join our growing team. This proactive and ambitious junior-level PR professional should have a nose for news, strong writing ability and critical thinking skills.
The right assistant account coordinator candidate will have meaningful internship experience with a PR agency or in a corporate PR department, and be comfortable in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. Assistant account coordinators are expected to organize and prioritize their tasks, stay on top of details, and be accountable for results. This person will complete tasks with tenacious execution and persistent follow-through.
Our agency moves quickly and efficiently, and this assistant account coordinator position requires the ability to juggle multiple tasks, complete impeccable work, and keep projects on track. This person will receive coaching from B2’s principals and work closely with other B2 team members to accomplish results for our clients.
– Developing news releases and guest columns using AP style.
– Drafting social media posts for account managers and assisting with social media monitoring.
– Writing email newsletters in journalistic style, assisting with delivery as needed, and using email management programs to report on e-newsletter performance.
– Updating project tracking sheets for client teams, and working with a team to accomplish client goals. Organizing tasks for account team.
– Setting meetings and scheduling calls for account teams.
– Tracking media placements, and generating client reports on activities and coverage.
– Creating monthly client reports on key accomplishments, activities, and media coverage to communicate results.
– Assisting account teams with research, reporting and writing projects.
– Researching media contacts, background information, news trends, opportunities, etc.
– Researching opportunities for speaking engagements and drafting pitch emails to organizations.
– Assisting with various other communications projects, such as presentations, proposals, social media, newsletters, event planning, and award nominations.
Desired Knowledge & Skills
– Self-starting person who is able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
– Excellent writing skills and command of AP style.
– Keen attention to detail, highly organized, and able to multitask and juggle multiple priorities.
– Mastery of key computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail.
– Knowledge of social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Snapchat. Experience in working in these channels for clients is a plus.
– Voracious reader and news junkie.
– Understanding of media research databases like Cision and monitoring tools like BurrellesLuce.
– Knowledge of content management systems like WordPress and/or email marketing platforms like MailChimp a plus.
– Desire to continually learn and improve your work.
– At least 1 year of public relations experience, including public relations internship(s) with meaningful responsibilities (preferably with an agency).
– Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or public relations required.
This is a full-time position based in downtown St. Petersburg, with group health insurance, paid holidays, vacation and cell phone stipend. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Send your resume and 2-3 writing samples to Missy MacFarlane, APR at Careers@B2Communications.com. No phone calls please.